Q. How do I access the CITI Program Training and create my account?
When you are required to complete CITI training for conducting research on human subjects, you will need to create an account, select courses to add to your account, and complete training.
The instructions below will allow you to register for an account. The links at the bottom of this document will take you to how-to instructions for specific courses/training modules.
Registration and Access to CITI Program Training
- Go to: https://about.citiprogram.org
- Click "Register."
- Under "Select Your Organization Affiliation" enter "Carthage College."
- Click the box next to "I affirm that I am an affiliate of Carthage College."
- Click the button to "Continue To Create Your CITI Program Username/Password."
- Enter your name and Carthage email address.
- Create a username, password, and security question and answer.
- Enter your country of residence.
- Click "Yes" or "No" regarding Continuing Education credits: Most likely choose "No." Answer contact questions regarding marketing and surveys.
- Enter demographic information.
- Institutional Email Address: Carthage email address.
- Department: Enter the department your class is in (Ex. Chemistry).
- Role in Research: Select Student Researcher - Undergraduate.
CITI Training Courses/Modules Instructions
- Administrator Conflict of Interest
- Biomedical Research
- Biomedical Responsible Conduct of Research
- Faculty/Staff Conflict of Interest
- Humanities Responsible Conduct of Research
- Physical Science Responsible Conduct of Research
- Reducing Pain and Distress in Laboratory Mice and Rats
- Social and Behavioral Research
- Social and Behavioral Research Faculty/Staff Investigators
- Social and Behavioral Research Student Investigators
- Social and Behavioral Science Responsible Conduct of Research
- Working with Rats in Research Settings
- Working with Zebrafish in Research Settings
- Working with the IACUC