Q. How do I create citations using the library catalog (WorldCat)?
The Carthage library catalog, WorldCat can help you create citations for resources you find in the catalog.
To use the catalog, go to http://www.carthage.edu/library and find the "Search Carthage College Hedberg Library and beyond" in the center of the page.
- Type a title, author, or keyword into the search box.
- Click the "Go" button. A page of results will display.
- Click on the title of one of the records.
- If you want a citation for this particular resource, click the "Cite/Export" link at the top right of the page. Click the "+" next to the citation style you want to use. Highlight the citation, then press "Ctrl-C" ("Cmd-C" on a Mac) to copy it.
- Open a word processing document, place the cursor where you want to insert the citation, and press "Ctrl-V" ("Cmd-V" on a Mac) to paste it.
- Sometimes pasting a citation into a document also pastes strange formatting that you don't want to include. When pasting, try to choose the "Keep Text Only" paste option by right-clicking on the document to paste.